0345 050 7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency carers support service
Emergency Carers' Support Service is a support service for adult carers of adults in Oxfordshire.
- How the service supports carers
- What sort of emergency can a carer get help in?
- Who can apply for the service?
- How can carers get this service?
- How to register
- Is there a charge?
- Application form
- Experienced staff look after the cared for person when the carer has an emergency and is unable to do so.
- Care can be provided from 1 to 48 hours – and, in exceptional circumstances, up to 72 hours.
- You can download the service leaflet here (pdf format, 320KB).
The service can support carers by providing replacement care when the carer suddenly or unexpectedly becomes ill, or has an accident which prevents him/her from providing care.
- where a family member has been injured and the carer needs to go to hospital with them
- where a carer becomes ill and is unable to provide care.
The service can be provided where there is an immediate impact or serious risk for the person being cared for should they not receive care.
You may be a wife, husband, parent, friend, neighbour, sister, daughter, son or relative. As long as you are an adult providing help and support to another adult in Oxfordshire and live in Oxfordshire you can register.
It is simple and quick to register. Either by completing a form online and submitting it to us; or by telephoning Carers Oxfordshire where an advisor will then take 10 to 15 to complete your registration with you over the phone. Once you are registered you can access emergency help quickly and efficiently when you need it.
- complete this form and submit it to us online or by post
- telephone Carers Oxfordshire - 0345 050 7666 and register over the phone or
- email email@example.com.
You will receive a registration card which you can keep in your purse or wallet. Once you are registered, you can call the 24-hour hotline 01865 849562.