0345 050 7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer with Carers Oxfordshire
Would you like to make a difference for carers in your community?
There are an estimated 61,000 carers in Oxfordshire. The care provided by family or informal carers is invaluable and many carers care for more than 50 hours a week 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Carers Oxfordshire supports these carers by helping them access information, support and advice and the help we receive from volunteers is invaluable.
Volunteers are a vital part of the work we do every day with and for carers in Oxfordshire. We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities, whether you want to make new friends, develop new skills or give something back to your local area.
You can support us and make a difference to the lives of carers, by doing anything from helping out in our community, giving someone a regular friendly phone call, or sharing your skills in a computer training class. However you'd like to get involved, we'd love to hear from you.
How you can get involved
Here are just some examples of what you can get involved with:
- Become a befriender and enable carers to take an hour or two away from caring.
- Carers Friends spend time with the carer to provide companionship, emotional and practical support.
- A carers phone befriender can give a regular telephone call to a carer who may be isolated or lonely.
- Help out in our community with a range of activities including peer/carer support groups, events and awareness raising activities, handing out leaflets and resources, explaining a little about the services and support available and helping carers to self-identify.
- Help us with fund raising by organising or attending events and activities, or helping with occasional street collections.
- Become a Blue Badge Champion supporting carers to check eligibility and apply for a blue badge.
All of our volunteers will primarily go through a registration process which includes the request of two references and a Disclosure and Barring check (if applicable). We will provide you with training and support and any out of pocket expenses or travel expenses will be reimbursed. How much or how little time you can spare is up to you.
Find out more
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in joining our friendly and supportive team. If you would like any further information or just a chat to find out more, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
- Telephone 01235 849470
- Mobile: 07557 038 277
- Email: email@example.com