You can get involved with Carers Oxfordshire, if you have some time to spare then volunteering as a befriender might be of interest.
If you want to get involved but can’t spare any time, then our simple raising awareness tips may be of interest.
Volunteer with us
Volunteers play an incredibly important part of what we do, and each volunteer makes a valuable contribution to improving the lives of unpaid carers across Oxfordshire.
If you can spare some time to volunteer with Carers Oxfordshire please see our latest opportunities listed below!
- Volunteer as a befriender – We run a volunteer befriending service called Time Out which focuses on providing short periods of respite for carers. Volunteers befriend the cared for whilst the carer has an hour or two to themselves.
- Volunteer to set up and support carers in a group in your local area. Creating a regular place to meet others with the help of one of our carer support workers.
There are in the region of 62,000 carers in Oxfordshire and many of us will have friends, family members or acquaintances that are caring for someone. It is important that we spread the word and let these carers know that Carers Oxfordshire are here to support them.
Raising awareness can take many forms.
- Telling a friend or family number about Carers Oxfordshire/handing them our contact details
- Following us on social media and sharing our news/updates
- Handing out our leaflets at social groups/clubs you attend
- Helping at our events
Fundraise for us.
Fundraising plays an important part of any charity organisation and at Carers Oxfordshire:
If you would like to hold a fundraising event such as a cake sale, boot sale, sponsored walk or run for Carers Oxfordshire our team we will do their best to support you.
Any funds raised big or small is appreciated and will be used to help us provide information, advice and offers that will directly impact carers in Oxfordshire.
If you would like to know more about volunteering with us use our contact form to let us know.
If you’d like to donate something to help carers, please do. 100% of any money donated is used to support carers in Oxfordshire, we have a Just Giving page.