Rethink Oxfordshire Carers Support Service
If you are Caring and supporting somebody with a mental illness, Rethink are able to help and support you.
- Carers have an invaluable role in helping people recover from mental illness and that Carers should be acknowledged, valued and supported.
- We place people who use our services at the centre of everything we do, we provide a high quality of service and always welcome feedback to help us constantly improve and develop as a service.
- We believe that recovery is for everyone including Carers as mental illness impacts on their lives to, our service is recovery based to help you recover a quality of live that is satisfying and rewarding to you.
- Hope is at the heart of everybody’s recovery and holding on to Hope makes recovery possible
- One to one emotional support from a dedicated Senior Mental Health Recovery Worker
- Fully confidential service
- Support designed to meet your needs and preferences
- Telephone and virtual support
- Flexible appointment times
- Caring & Coping and many other Mental Health focused education and training courses.
- Monthly support groups across Oxfordshire.
‘Without Rethink I was feeling really low and alone, with support from this service I feel stronger and I am looking forward to the future. Thank you.’
How can you access or refer someone to our Carer Support service?
- Our referral process is very simple and takes approximately 15 mins, most referrals are completed by telephone where we will take some very basic details about you and your current situation and the person you are caring for.
- Once we have this information and your referral has been accepted a Support worker will be allocated to you according to the area you live or work in. The support worker will make contact with you to introduce themselves and to arrange your first support meeting. This usually takes approximately 5 working days and your first appointment is usually within 10 working days. (subject to availability of the Carer and Support worker schedule).
- If you are referring another person please ensure you have their permission to provide us with their contact details otherwise we cannot make contact.
- Alternatively pass our service contact details to them and they can call in to us on 01865 904499 and a member of staff will be happy to provide any information they may require and if appropriate take referral details.