Take a break

A short break can be invaluable, it will allow you to spend time with or without the person you look after. Whatever it means for you find time and ways to make space for yourself.

You can take a break from caring in a number of different ways. Short breaks away without the person you care for and with a friend, attending a workshop in person or online or even joining a walking group or reading club all are beneficial to you and can give you a break from caring.

Take a look at our short breaks offers we’ve got lots of free and discounted offers.

A Carer Direct Payment can be used to help pay for a service to give you a break i.e paid carers or a sitting service, days out or a short break away. Or you can use it to buy something to make your life easier. An example of this would be buying a dishwasher so you can spend 15 mins relaxing with a coffee and a magazine instead of washing the pots each day! Or buying a computer to help you save time by doing tasks such as banking and paying bills online. The best way to find out about a carers direct payment is to complete a carer’s assessment.

Want to get involved?

You can get involved with Carers Oxfordshire, if you have some time to spare then volunteering as a befriender might be of interest.

Volunteer Today