Better Together – SEND
March 28 @ 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
An opportunity for family carers, professionals and organisations who support children and young people with SEND 0 – 18 (or up to 25 with an EHCP) to work together to find a positive way forward to improve services and outcomes.
The event is jointly hosted by Oxfordshire Parent Carers and supported by the Local Area Partnership which includes Oxfordshire County Council, Oxford Health, Oxford University Hospitals Trust and ICB BOB.
What to expect:
- The event will use the ‘World Café style format, used in previous Better Together events. We will have 9 tables in total: 3 covering Education, 3 Health and 3 Social Care with different questions covering specific issues on each table.
- There will be three sessions and participants are invited to sit at 1 table per session or spend time in the networking/interactive feedback area. Each table will have a facilitator, whose role it will be to help the conversation flow and to prevent any one person dominating. There will also be a scribe to write down all the comments.
- Parents will be asked to use this opportunity to talk about issues in general rather than specific personal issues, whilst we know these are important, this will not be the place to do this.
- The aim of the day is for professionals and parents to work on the issues together and come up with practical and possible solutions. We want to keep it as positive and solution focused as possible.
- The last part of the day will be a ‘panel session’ with professionals from Education, Health, and Social Care taking questions from the floor. We will ask them to give feedback on what they have heard and what they will do as a result. This could be one small change that could happen immediately or a ‘takeaway’ from the event.
There will be an opportunity to network for a further 30 minutes after the panel session from 2 – 2.30pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Taking place at the Kassam Stadium, Oxford OX4 4XP on the 28th March, 9:30am – 2:30pm.
Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org