What support can I get?
You may face new challenges daily as a carer, but you don’t need to do this alone. Carers Oxfordshire supports you – valuable people in our society to feel less lonely and more able to cope. We help by providing specialist support from a team who genuinely cares about your well-being.
You are doing something incredible but might never hear a thank you or reassurance that you are doing well. We want you to know that you are doing a great and vital job which doesn’t go unnoticed by us.
The support we provide is different for each person because we understand that no two caring situations are the same. Whatever your situation we will help you to tackle the things you feel are difficult and find solutions that can make caring easier.
Find out more about how we can help you:
- CarersLine – our team are here to listen and help
- Carer assessments
- Support groups – find carer groups in Oxfordshire
- Rethink Mental Illness Oxfordshire – support for carers of people with mental illness
- Time for you – a range of offers to give unpaid carers time for themselves
- Carer ID – get proof you are a carer
- Max Card – entertainment discount card for SEND children
- Plan for emergencies – advice on creating an emergency support plan
- Benefits – information about benefits for carers
- Useful contacts – a list of useful contacts for carers in Oxfordshire