- This event has passed.
A Carer’s Journey – Managing Meltdowns!
April 19, 2023 @ 9:30 am – May 17, 2023 @ 9:30 am
This course will be delivered Online using Zoom.
Who is this course for?
Parents or carers who are looking after a child with additional needs and who may be finding it difficult to manage some of the more challenging behaviours and emotions.
What the course will cover:
The course aims to support parents/carers find ways to manage their child’s more challenging behaviours and emotions. Different approaches and ideas will be presented and discussed, and these sessions encourage participants to support one another as they share their experiences and find ways to manage specific challenges.
The content of this short course includes:
• identifying triggers to manage some of the more challenging behaviours and emotions
• exploring ways to respond effectively to manage some challenging situations
• practical ideas, exercises and activities that could help children manage their emotions and behaviour more successfully
By participating in this course participants will have the opportunity to:
• identify ways to manage challenging behaviours and emotions
• recognise ways to respond effectively to manage situations
• explore various ideas, exercises and activities that could help children learn to manage their emotions and behaviour more successfully