- This event has passed.
Carers course – Mindfulness for Carers
Do you often find yourself feeling anxious, stressed out, or exhausted?
Want to learn how to worry less and be a bit kinder to yourself, even when life is feeling tough?
Mindfulness is an evidence-based approach which combines ancient wisdom with modern neuroscience. With practice it can help people feel calmer and more in control, even in stressful situations, such as caring for loved ones.
This course is delivered Online using Zoom.
January 18, 2023 @ 2:00 pm – March 29, 2023 @ 2:00 pm
On this course you will learn how to cope with worry and over-thinking by anchoring yourself in the present moment. You’ll come away with practical tools to use in everyday life, and a way of relating to yourself which feels a little kinder and gentler.
– Simple meditation practises to help you stay present
– Learn the difference between primary suffering (the stuff we can’t control) and secondary suffering (the stuff we can!)
– Gentle mindful movements to reduce tension (no fitness/flexibility required)
– Everyday mindfulness you can do anywhere
– Learn to develop a gentler, kinder way of relating to yourself
Please note there will be no class on 15/02/2023.
This course is part of ‘A Carers Journey’ – a series of workshops and courses created for carers in partnership with Carers Oxfordshire and Abingdon & Witney College.
It is available free for carers age 19 or over, who support someone living in Oxfordshire.