- This event has passed.
A Carer’s Journey – Art for Relaxation
October 30, 2023 @ 3:00 pm – December 4, 2023 @ 3:00 pm
This course will be delivered Online using Zoom.
Who is this course for?
Any unpaid carer who is looking after someone with a long-term illness, special need or impairment is invited to join this online course.
What the course will cover:
The purpose of this programme is to introduce various forms of simple art techniques inspired by some of the famous artists to help us relax while treating ourselves with a ‘wow’ effect creation each week. Each week’s programme also incorporates different art skills to stimulate different parts of our brain—the best brain anti-ageing!
The content of this course includes:
• Colour to reflect emotions and peripheral nerve system / Emma Bridgewater style (finger paint /book cover)
• Colour and emotional literacy/ Rothko style (brush painting/a wall art)
• Brain exercise: tracing the pattern and fine motor skills/Matisse style (shape art/a wall art)
• Brain exercise: 3D shapes and fine motor skills/ Origami art (paper folding/ card making)
• Deduction skills and visualization/ Home-sweet-home (collage/card making)
• Feel good colour and message/ Affirmation poster (paint + cut out letter/card making)
By participating in this course participants will have the opportunity to:
• Recognise ways in which colour reflect emotions
• identify various forms of art techniques that stimulate different parts of the brain
• create various pieces of art incorporating different art skills